Each of the different language programs is an immersion program, so all the instructions are in the chosen language. For this reason, younger children who are not so confident with the basics of the language may need adult support. More confident children will quickly pick up what they are expected to do and will be able to work independently through the games. There is also a very useful help option which explains the choices of games in English.
Having chosen the language that they wish to work on, children can then play a range of games and listen to songs to consolidate the vocabulary that has been introduced. Most of the games can be played at three levels of difficulty. The games include activities such as identifying fruit, colouring fruit appropriately, pairs games with pictures and words, identifying animals, ordering pictures, setting given times on clocks, and putting objects into a backpack. A wide range of vocabulary is consolidated, such as numbers, the alphabet, animals, objects, times, colours, fruits and vegetables, the weather, transport and leisure activities. A set of online activities, which can be printed out, will also help to review what children have learned.
KidSpeak Spanish French German Italian Japanese Hebrew would be a very useful buy for children ages 5 to 12 who are multilingual or who are learning a range of languages at school. It is also ideal for a parent who wants to introduce their child to a new language. --Amanda York
- Windows ONLY, Will NOT Work with Mac! Your child will learn over 700 words and expressions and use these vital language skills!
- Greetings -Types of Clothing -Fruits and vegetables -Numbers -Animal names -Dates and times Colors
- Parts of the body -Everyday items -School supplies -Sporting goods -Weather terms
- word recognition -Understanding simple sentences - Using plural
- Singular forms - Telling time -Matching numbers to written words -Simple addition and subtraction. Windows ONLY, Will NOT Work with Mac!
This item is being discussed