The first EKG accurate wireless heart rate monitor was invented by Polar back in 1977 as a training tool for the Finnish National Cross Country Ski Team. The concept of "intensity training" by heart rate swept the athletic world in the eighties. By the 1990s, individuals were looking to heart rate monitors not only for performance training needs, but also for achieving everyday fitness goals. Today, the same concept of heart rate training is being used by world-class athletes as well as everyday people trying to lose weight. Polar is the leading brand among consumers, coaches, and personal trainers worldwide and the company is committed to not only producing the best products, but also being the leading educator on the benefits of heart rate based exercise.
- Wireless GPS sensor designed for RS800 wristwatch training system
- Lets athletes take speed and distance measurements for several sports
- Ideal for cycling, Nordic skiing, inline skating, and kayaking
- SiRFstarIII chipset guarantees excellent coverage and fast time to first fix
- Water-resistant to 3 bars; measures 2.36 x 2.44 x 0.94 inches (W x H x D)
This item is being discussed